Reporting elder abuse - some options


The following information is provided by Colorado Legal Services. It is intended as general information only, and is not meant as legal advice for any specific situation. If you need legal advice, consult an attorney.

There are several options available to you when reporting abuse.

1. Contact your local social or human services department.

Most social or human service departments offer adult protection services during normal business hours - some offer services after hours. Go to this website (click here) to find the office and phone number for your area.

2. The Senior Resource Center in Denver has a number you can call during normal business hours (8 to 5) to report abuse - 303.238.8151.

3. Call 911 anytime.

For more information from the Colorado Bar Association on elder abuse and elder care community resources, click here.

If you need advice on this or any other legal problem, contact an attorney of your choosing. If you cannot afford an attorney, talk to Colorado Legal Services, 303.837.1312.
Last Review and Update: Jun 24, 2011