Information for People with Disabilities
Authored By: Colorado Legal Services
- Information about the Fair Housing Act (click here)
- Answers to questions about the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and how FHA may apply to you. Learn about your options. Print out the information sheet at end of the program and take it with you. Click here for information about another resource - the Denver Metro Fair Housing Center. You can also file a complaint through their website.
- How to Appeal a Food Assistance Decision (click here)
- You have a right to appeal if your Food Assistance has been denied, reduced, or terminated. Print out an Appeal Letter to begin the process.
- Information About Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act and make a Request for Reasonable Modification (click here)
- Learn about situations where you can request for a reasonable modification of policy, practice or procedure. Print request at the end of the program.
- How to Appeal a Medicaid Decision (click here)
- You have a right to appeal if Medicaid benefits have been denied, reduced, or terminated. Complete some basic information and print out an appeal letter.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Definitions (click here)
- Common terms associated with a Guardianship or Conservatorship are defined. Training includes audio/sound - make sure you have working speakers.
- Preparing for an Administrative Hearing (click here)
- Appealing a benefits decision? You may have an Administrative Hearing. This interactive training defines an Administrative Hearing, walks you through steps, and provides tips for making a convincing case to have your benefits approved or reinstated. This training has audio/sound - make sure you have working speakers.
- Social Security Overpayments Video (click here)
- Explaination of how an overpayment can occur, and what to do if the Social Security Administration says you owe them money.
- Due Process: Information for People with Disabilities (click here)
- Definition of Due Process, and how it can apply to people with disabilities. Examples of Due Process rights are provided. This training has sound/audio - be sure your computer sound is turned up.
- Power of Attorney: Definitions and Common Questions (click here)
- Definition of terms associated with a Power of Attorney form, and common questions about the process are answered. Includes sound/audio - be sure your computer sound is up.
Last Review and Update: Sep 06, 2017