Finding an Advocate for People with Disabilities
Authored By: Colorado Legal Services
Find an Advocate
The list below features several organizations that may be able to assist people with disabilities with legal issues.
- Advocacy Denver: A program assisting people of all ages with developmental or intellectual disabilities by helping with legal issues, housing, education, financial guidance, and more. Website? Click here.
- Atlantis Community: This program works with disabled individuals to help with community transitions and life skills, as well as assist with advocacy so they may live independently. Website? Click here.
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition: A program assisting people with all types of disabilities by advocating for healthcare, housing, rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and more.Website? Click here.
- Colorado Gerontological Society: A program working with seniors to assist in healthcare, housing, insurance, and other issues. Website? Click here.
- Colorado Legal Services: This program assists low-income individuals with civil law issues. While it is not specific to the disabled community, the program can assist with appeals and other legal issues facing people with disabilities. Call 303-837-1321 or click here to applyonline. (You are already on the CLS site.)
- Disability Law Colorado - This program helps people with all types of disabilities with advocacy, life skills training, community transitions and more. Website? Click here.
- Family Voices: A national program designed to help families with children with disabilities by assisting with healthcare plans, communicating with services providers, navigating Medicaid, school accommodations, and more. Website? Click here.
- Victim Service Network - a collaborative network that connects and supports agencies and communities to provide innovative, seamless and integrated services to victims of crime in Denver, Colorado. Click here.